Monday, March 22, 2010

Jill and Bethenny Behave Like Spoiled Children

I fantasize about living in Manhatten and vacationing on weekends in the Hamptons. Maybe that's why I'm a big fan of the Real Housewives of New York City. I want to visit NYC, but for now I live vicariously through some interesting women--or so I thought.

As of last season, my favorite two housewives were Bethenny and Jill. I enjoyed the humor and outspokenness of both of them. I loved Bethenny's humor. I thought that Jill was grounded; I wanted Jill's mother to adopt me.

What happened since last season to make me disappointed in "my housewives"? Bethenny fell in love, and just like a high school girl, she forgot who had her back. Nobody's too busy for a true friend, especially when that friend's husband is being treated for thyroid cancer. People take time for what's important, whether they're promoting a book or falling in love. That's it; no excuse.

However, why does Jill need to turn a whole posse against Bethenny? If you think this blog sounds like I'm a high school girl writing in my dear diary, this blog only represents the silliness and immaturity that I've seen, watching a show I used to love.

Maybe we girls never grow up. Maybe from a sociology point of view, certain dynamics call for predictable behavior. Why is it important that Jill's friends hate Bethenny when everyone knows that Jill and Bethenny will eventually make up?

No comments:

Post a Comment